Sibling Support Services
The HEDCO Clinic provides sibling support services for parents who require someone to watch their child or children while they attend their appointment at the clinic. Sibling support is provided by skilled interns in the Family and Human Services undergraduate program at the University of Oregon. These interns receive regular supervision from graduate students in the College of Education. This program is open to all clients at the HEDCO Clinic in order to reduce barriers for receiving services. Please discuss sibling support with your clinician if you would benefit from this program while receiving services.
Family and Human Services Internship Program
Internships are available to Family and Human Services undergraduate students at the University of Oregon. This internship involves working with the siblings of families and children in our local community who are receiving services at the HEDCO Clinic. Professionalism and confidentiality are of the utmost importance. Internship requirements and responsibilities may be tailored to the student's needs and interests.
Interns will have the opportunity to:
- Provide sibling support services that involves engaging in fun, educational activities with children
- Learn about child development
- Have weekly supervision meetings with the internship supervisor
- Engage in independent learning opportunities related to child development, career exploration, and more
- Learn about evidence-based interventions such as the Family Check-up
- Engage in some office maintenance tasks
For more information, please Contact Us or give us a call at 541-346-0923.